Amrita School of Dentistry, Edapally
This school of dentistry by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is proudly knows as the biggest dental college in Asia region. The nursing school was set up in the year 2003. There is an intake of 28 students per year for MDS in the college. The nursing school is accredited with an ‘A’ grade by NAAC. The curriculum is specified by the Dental Council of India. The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses for Dentistry. The college also offers 9 specialties including Public Health Dentistry for MDS program. The school is situated inside Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetam campus located at Amrita Nagar near Edapally in Kochi city.
Why Amrita School of Dentistry for MDS Admission?
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetam is at 4th position in the ranking of top universities in the country by NIRF. To be at such a high ranking shows the academic Excellency, top class facilities and infrastructure the university has provided for their students. The Amrita school of dentistry is also one of the youngest top dental colleges in the country. This dental college is at the 8th position in ranking of top private dental colleges in the country and ranked 7th for its academic excellence.
Students who have opted for Public Health Dentistry receives good practical training through the Amrithasmitham – An outreach program dedicated for the tribal population residing in the state. Through this program students get to know more closely about the tribal and their health conditions which also include oral health. The students are given an opportunity to be at help for a community which otherwise was isolated from the normal society to a major extent.
These specialties underlines why Amrita School of Dentistry should be chosen by aspiring students for the best learning experience for their bright future.
Key Highlights (Recognitions & Facilities)
- 8th rank in top ten private dental colleges in India
- 5th rank at All India level for best infrastructural facilities and living experience
- One of the biggest dental campuses in the country with an area of 15,400 sq. ft
- Research programs held in all specializations of dentistry
- Reputed and well experienced faculty
- Research laboratories
- Clinical departments
- Well stocked and multimedia library
- Lecture halls
- Multipurpose halls
- Gym & sports area
- Separate hostel facilities for boys & girls
- Canteen and mess
- Transportation facilities
Amrita School of Dentistry MDS Different Disciplines in Dentistry
1. MDS in Prosthodontics & Implantology
2. MDS in Oral Pathology & Oral Microbiology
3. MDS in Orthodontics
4. MDS in Periodontology
5. MDS in Pediatric Dentistry
6. MDS in Conservative Dentistry
7. MDS in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
8. MDS in Oral Medicine & Radiology
It is regarded 11th dental specialty. In oral health, the oral and maxillofacial region gets complex issues oral cancer, neurological conditions, salivary gland disorders etc, so oral medicine is the study about diseases of these regions. Read More