KMCT Dental College, Mukkam
KMCT dental college started functioning in the year 2006. This college is a part of KMCT medical college situated at Mukkam, a town near to Kozhikode city. The dental college along with the hospital comes under the KMCT group of Institutions. The college offers both BDS & MDS courses in dental science. The courses are approved by the Dental Council of India. The college has its affiliation with Kerala University of Health Sciences.
Why KMCT Dental College for MDS Admission?
The college allots a total intake of 24 seats per academic year for MDS in which 3 seats are reserved for each specialization. As the college is associated with the KMCT hospital, the students will receive proper practical training along with the course. This dental college also offers research facilities which are approved by KUHS, Thrissur. The college also conducts dental camps for the rural population in rural schools every 8 to 12 months.
Key Highlights (Recognitions & Facilities)
- Smart classrooms
- Well equipped and stocked library are all arranged for the students at an area of 8500 sq. ft
- Dental clinical departments
- Workshops & webinars
- Conference room
- Modern hostel facilities for boys & girl
- Indoor and outdoor games and sports activities
- Cultural fests & Sports fest make the campus a lively place for students to indulge in both academics and preferred activities.
KMCT Dental College MDS Different Disciplines in Dentistry
1 MDS in Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry
2. MDS in Periodontology
3. MDS in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopeadics
4. MDS in Oral Pathology & Oral Microbiology
5. MDS in Public Health Dentistry
As the name suggests Public Health Dentistry is the study of dental care of the public. So it is a non clinical subject. The main aim of the course is to understand the various methods to prevent oral diseases spreading in the society. Read More
6. MDS in Oral Medicine & Radiology
It is regarded 11th dental specialty. In oral health, the oral and maxillofacial region gets complex issues oral cancer, neurological conditions, salivary gland disorders etc, so oral medicine is the study about diseases of these regions. Read More
7. MDS in Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
7. MDS in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
8. MDS in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Conservative dentistry and endodontic is surgery based dental science. Through these subjects, a student learns the various aspects of the specific areas and surgical procedures for the same. Read More